Windows CE Dial Up Configuration
- Ensure that the Windows CE is displaying the desktop and then go to the Start menu and select Programs.
- Start the remote networking program
- Double click "make new connection"
- Enter 1 2 Free UK ISP as the connection name, select dial up connection
- Press Next
- Select your modem from the drop-down list - and enter the number to be dialed in the entry box at the right. 0845 088 4191
*Note* that, by default, the area code and country code entry boxes are not used.
- Click configure
- In the modem's Device Properties screen, ensure that the connection preferences are configured correctly for the device.
*Note* that our servers do not officially support connection at less than 33kbps.
- Return to the Dial-Up Connection window.
- Click on TCP/IP settings
- Turn on (check) Server assigned IP address
- Turn on (check) Server-assigned name server addresses.
- Turn on (check) Use IP header compression
- Turn on (check) Use software compression
- Click OK
- Select the 1 2 Free UK ISP dial up connection
- Enter username and password, Username - isp@dialup Password - connect
- Click connect.