Apple Mac OS9 Dial Up Configuration
- To access the Internet Setup Assistant go to: Apple : Internet Access : Internet Setup Assistant. Alternatively this can be found by going to the Mac hard drive/Internet/Internet Utilities/Internet Setup/Internet Setup Wizard.
- Would you like to set up your computer to access the Internet? (select YES)
- Do you already have and Internet account? (select YES)
- Click the right arrow to continue.
- Enter a name for the configuration, for example use the name of your isp and select the modem option.
- Enter the settings appropriate for your modem type
- Now enter the account details for your dial up as provided by 1 2 Free UK ISP
- Username - isp@dialup
Password - connect
Phone Number - 0845 088 4191
- Answer "No" to using a PPP connection script.
- Answer "No" to, "is there an IP address for this configuration?" IP address's are assigned by the dialup server.
- Enter the DNS servers
- Primary DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Internet setup wizard now allows you to configure your email account. Enter your email address and password for your email account as specified by your isp
- Now enter the mail servers for your account. Your mail servers will be:
Incoming Pop3 mail server - mail.12freeukisp.co.uk
Outgoing SMTP mail server - mail.12freeukisp.co.uk
- Enter the news server for your account. Your news server is: news.12freeukisp.co.uk
- Select "No" when asked "do you use proxy servers for your internet connection?"
Congratulations you have now configured your dial up connection.